Tiny Homes

Tiny red house in a scenic green grassy field

Tiny red house in a scenic green grassy field

Questions about this form? Email our Underwriter saaya@cig-llc.biz or call 719-301-3676.

Insurance Agent Name *
Insurance Agent Name
Desired Effective Date *
Desired Effective Date
Tiny Home Dwelling Address *
Tiny Home Dwelling Address
Trip Endorsement *
Theft of Tiny Home *
If YES to Coverage L, Please select $1,000 Coverage M
Earthquake Coverage *
Mortgage Company Address
Mortgage Company Address
Applicant Name *
Applicant Name
Phone *
Co-applicant Name
Co-applicant Name
Co-applicant DOB
Co-applicant DOB
Co-applicant Phone
Co-applicant Phone
Want to be featured on our website? Share this information and we'll send you a gift!
Mailing Address Address (If different)
Mailing Address Address (If different)

As seen on ProgramBusiness.com, our Tiny Home Insurance Program is offered in all 48 of the Continental United States.

If you have questions about the form, please contact Martin@cig-llc.biz. You can also schedule a call with him HERE

In the meantime, you can also read more about our program here: Tiny Home Insurance Q&A with Martin Burlingame.

Helpful Information

What are we insuring: We built our program to cover 48 states (contiguous US). We can insure Tiny Homes on wheels, sleds or stationary. We can also do container homes and some of the other cool Tiny movement dwellings. We’re fine with Self Built, Builder built, certified, R.V.I.A approved or any of the previous ones. We CANNOT do School Bus conversions, houseboats or mobile homes in this program

Who can be insured: We can insure you if the Tiny home is your primary home, secondary/vacation home, seasonal location (you visit for part of the year) , a business tiny or a rental (short and/or long term). We CANNOT insure you in our program if you are using the tiny for something different. For example if you use your tiny as a coffee shop we can insure you but not in our TINY HOME program.

How long have we been offering Insurance? – Almost three years now! Wow time is flying by.

How did we get involved with the tiny home movement? – I blame Darin Zaruba and the Jam 100%. He asked us to get involved and we fell in love.

Would I live/work in a tiny home? I’d love to have a tiny home office setup with loft to take to different festivals. I saw an awesome model at the Jamboree last year that I really liked but I’ve never pulled the trigger.

How much does Insurance cost? – I’ve seen it as low as $400 a year to as high as $1400 a year. Depends how you have tricked your tiny out. With some homes well north of $100k insurance can have a price tag with it.

What should you consider when building a tiny home? The only thing I tell everyone all the time is get a trailer built by a trailer company.  My biggest nightmare is the trailer falling apart and it turns out you put it together!

What is the difference between regular home insurance and this program? It’s simple – regular home insurance never expected or planned for the home a) moving or b) getting stolen. If you live at 123 Main Street the insurance is for the home at 123 Main Street and not for your home when it’s at the Jamboree in Texas or visiting family in Maine. Also your regular insurance policy never expected the home to be portable so when it goes missing everyone will be scratching their head. Our program handles that.

Do you require certification? 

Foremost writes them on a RV policy and requires either R.V.I.A or N.O.A.H certificate. We write them on a homeowner (dwelling 2) form and don’t require that paperwork. Pricing is the same nationally for us so you don’t get the up/down.

Does this include wind in a tier 1 county on the coast of Texas?

We do not offer wind in Tier 1 (actually within 50 miles of coast).

Do you offer a program that would provide for a commercial fleet of tiny houses on wheels?

Yes! Here is Tiny Home Schedule you can download and complete, providing locations and values. For questions, email Martin@cig-llc.biz.

For more FAQ’s click HERE

Click HERE to get a quote!


Coverage A - Dwelling –The value of your tiny home if it gets destroyed, including all the built-in appliances. We typically see ranges from 25,000 to 125,000. Remember, if you buy it from a builder the price of purchase is usually the Coverage A limit. Also add any solar panels you have mounted on the home to this value!

Coverage B - Other Structures – This can be anything from the deck your tiny home rests on to the awesome barn on your property. Just put it here. We can do up to $50,000.

Coverage C - Contents – The tiny things that make your tiny a home. Clothes, pots, pans, the 68” flat screen TV you mounted on the wall, the cool speakers, you name it.

Replacement Cost for Contents – You have a catastrophe. Do you want a new replacement couch or a garage sale couch? Need I say more?

Theft of Contents – We can offer up to $3,000 in theft coverage for your stuff.

Theft of Tiny Home – If you are worried about your tiny home getting stolen then you need this! We provide a tracker and while you’re sipping your wine at the next Jamboree you can panic when it notifies you that your TINY is on the move.

Trip Endorsement – If you plan on driving around to all the festivals this year, then you need to be covered on the road! Trip endorsement does it.

Liability – Raging party on the roof deck of the tiny and it collapses! Yikes. Liability steps in to cover it. This protects you against lawsuits!!

Tiny Home Insurance Specialists:

Ivy Orozco, Underwriting Assistant

Phone: 719-476-0122

Email: Ivy@cig-llc.biz

Martin Burlingame, C.E.O

Phone: 719-476-0104

Email: Martin@cig-llc.biz

ashley dodge